We’ve collected and written down here a list of the FIFA 19 essential tips, from keeping up with the new gameplay features, to goal scoring technique.
- Learn how to use Timed Finishing – The new Timed Finishing shot is defined by the double tap shot input. It has three success levels which are indicated by your player icon’s color on release. Timed Finishing is most suitable for shots outside the box, and increase a little bit the power behind the ball.
- Driven Shot – The Driven Shot is really a beast. It’s now mapped to L1 + R1 + Shoot. You should shot for one on one situation, and is also useful for volleys.
- Slow down – One of the most popular mistakes which many FIFA 19 players make is to rely heavily on the sprint button. You may easily lose the ball while sprinting, so just use it for attacking plays and goal approaches.
- Ground Cross – If you are playing against another player, use the ground cross to fool him. Ground crosses (double press cross) can be a great way to mix things up when your opponent mostly expect you to loft a cross in from up high.
- Use Tactics – Among all series, FIFA 19 has the deepest tactics options. Before each game, look at the dynamic tactics menu and tweak to your play style to make a huge difference.
- Quick Tactics – While playing, remember to use the quick tactics.
- Up, Up – One of the most useful tips in FIFA 19 is pressing Up twice while attacking. This will help players to get into the box, and make a huge difference while crossing the ball.
- Turn the difficulty up – If you want to get better at this game, you should have the difficulty at Professional. It will take you out of your comfort zone and make Career Mode much easier.
- Learn the way to switch players with the right stick – Instead of hitting LB or L1, you can use the right analog stick to switch player. As you see can see, using L1 can only switch you to the player who are nearest to the ball and this isn’t always the best option. Flicking the stick towards the player who you really want to switch to is much better, and gives you much more options.