FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) has become the flagship mode in FIFA 19 for a few years and this year is no exception. There have been some changes to FUT this year, with new modes, tournaments, and rewards. To help you understand them, we’ve collected some info into this FUT guide with essential tips and tricks to build the best ultimate team as well as some advice on the way to make FIFA Coins as fast as possible.
FIFA 19 Ultimate Team Tips
- Play through all the challenges that are given to you at the start of each game. There are so many new features to get your head around, so see you through them during the early hours of the game.
- If you’re going to spend some time in a game, or organize your squad, try some players in the transfer market. This will help you save a lot of money while waiting for the bidding to end is worth it well.
- Instead of buying Player Packs early on, try to target specific players in the positions that you need.
- All players can only be used at a certain time amount. You can check out information on how many games each player has left by moving the right stick and hovering over a card. Apply contract consumables to extend this.
- Focus on chemistry first when starting out. Keeping high chemistry is key if you want to be sure that you can enter every event when it comes.
- When it comes to chemistry, when you have maxed it before heading into a game, then you can swap your players around without affecting chemistry.
- You will have to use Fitness Cards in order to heal injured players because they will only naturally recover by being in the main squad, that isn’t ideal.
- You can get more FIFA Coins at higher difficulties, therefore, if you are up for the challenge, just go for it.
- Listing your Bronze players on the transfer market once you get them is a great way to make money.
One of the most effective and easiest ways to score the goals in FIFA 19 is from your corners. There are some tips to elevate your set pieces when taking corners in FIFA 19 so that you can score the majority of the time. Here are the best guides to take corners in this game:
- Always pass to a second player. You can call one player forward while you are taking the corner, and then pass off to one. Passing the ball in this way gives more opportunities to score from corners in FIFA 19.
- When you pass the pall to the second player, hit R1/RB. You’ll dummy the ball and can take this second player the space to shoot or cross in a curled cross.
- Curl the corners with the right stick once holding the shoot button, this helps add power to any chances coming out of the cross.
- Head into the tactics menu then tweak the Corners bar in the defense section. This allows you to change the number of players as you want in the box during a corner.
FIFA 19 Attacking Controls – Shooting Controls and Shot Types List
Knowing exactly which shot to use in each situation and knowing the shot controls is a great way to maximize your goal-scoring potential. We’ve listed the attacking controls in FIFA 19 for you to follow.
- Timed Finish – Circle/B + Circle/B
- Shoot/ Volley/ Header – Circle/B
- Chip Shot – L1/LB + Circle/B
- Finesse Shot – R1/RB + Circle/B
- No Touch Feints – R1/RB + Left Stick
- Fake Shot – Circle/B + X/A
- Protect Ball – L2/LT
- Cancel – L2/LT + R2/RT
- Call for Support – R1/ RB
- Flair Shot – L2/LT + Circle/ B
- Flick Up For Volley – R3/RS (Press)
- Slow Dribble – L1/LB + Left Stick + Direction
- Left Stick (Towards Ball) + Disguised First Touch – R1/RB (Press and Hold)
- Left Stick (Towards the Ball) + Let Ball Run – R1/ RB (Press and Hold)
FIFA 19 supplies a new Dynamic Tactics screen which helps you customize and switch up on the fly your formation. Due to this, there’s no longer only one defensive formation to rule all because you can easily change from Defensive to Ultra-defensive strategies. There are some FIFA 19 Defensive formations and tactics so that you can set up your team to defend effectively.
- There’s a FIFA 19 brand new formation called 4-1-3-2. It is ideal for building your Ultra-Defensive strategy and slightly bringing back a CM to help with defense. When it comes to defensive tactics, you should take a look at Drop Back, which helps to preserve the shape of your team while moving every player back to defend. Your strikers will be more passive, however, the defense will be rock-solid.
- When it comes to Player Instructions, assign all CM and defenders with the Stay Back While Attacking instruction. You can alter this to leave out the midfielders for Defensive Game Plan, but make sure that your defenders are still staying back.
- For Defensive Game Plan, you’d better adopt the 4-3-3 Defensive formation. This will keep plenty of support, especially if you set your free kicks bars and corners down to around 3, counter attacks will be able to quickly dealt with.
- In this 4-3-3 Defensive Formation, set Defensive tactics to Pressure on Heavy touch to make sure that you have enough players to be back if the ball goes loose and ends up in the possession of the
How to Defend Crosses in FIFA 19
If not defended correctly, crosses can be deadly in FIFA 19. The ability to stop an attacking play is very important, and there’s not any single tip for every type of cross you’ll be encountering. There are some all-around good tips when defending crosses in this game.
- Stopping a through ball cross to a winger – If an opponent is advancing towards goal, a common move is that one of their wingers will make a run up to accept a through ball pass. In this case, hold R1/RB to have a second defender to move towards the receiver, then using the right stick to switch to them. Then start moving towards the corner flag to fill the space where the attacker is planning to run.
You won’t be able to get far in FIFA 19 if you don’t have a solid defense. But it seems to be the most difficult thing to be good at in this game, especially when the defending and tackling have been overhauled once again for this year’s entry. We’ve pulled together some important defending tips and tricks. In this guide, we will show the way to defend and tackle in this game. We will take a look at what the defending controls are, the best defensive strategy to use in FIFA 19, and how to defend crosses.
These are some FIFA 19 Defending Tips below:
- Jockey – Don’t forget to use the Jockey button to finesse your movement. Hold LT or L2 and you will face the attacking player. Doing this, it is easier to side step and close down the space. All you need to do is getting close enough and then tapping circle to take the ball back.
- Slide Tackles – Although the Slide Tackles are always a risky move in other FIFA games, they are incredibly helpful in FIFA 19. If you do them at speed, and if you are close to a player, you’ll have the opportunity to win the ball. So take the chance whenever you can.
- 50/50 battles – This is a new tackling system which is introduced in FIFA 19. When you have the ball, hold the L2 button to shield against the opposing player. By doing this, any attacks against you will be judged through the new system, that weighs each player’s defensive stats up to determine the outcome.
- Use two defenders at once – When defending, you will notice that there is a transparent icon above one of your team’s other players, this is your second defender. So hold down R1 and that defending player will move to apply pressure, helping you block passing play. You can switch to the second defender by hitting L1.